We are Markstrat Ltd operating under trade name Bomb Petite, a company registered in the United Kingdom under company number 08761673 and with our registered office at 21 Compayne Gardens, London, NW6 3DG, United Kingdom(“Bomb Petite”). We operate the website www.bombpetite.com (the “Website”).
Bomb Petite complies with applicable data protection legislation such as the Data Protection Act 1998. This regulates the processing of personal data relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data.
The aim of this policy is to tell you how Bomb Petite will use any personal data you provide through the Website. Please read it carefully before you use the Website or order products from us.
What information do we collect?
If you register on the Website and order products, or request further information from Bomb Petite, we may collect the following personal data from you: your name, your date of birth, your email address, your billing address, your delivery address, your phone number(s), your order details, your payment details and information related to your query.
In addition, Bomb Petite may automatically collect information about the website that you came from or are going to. Bomb Petite also collects information on the parts of the Website you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access the Website. However, this information is aggregated and is not used to identify you.
How will information about you be used and shared?
The information collected by Bomb Petite allows us to:
- put together your order of products and deliver them to your preferred location by Bomb Petite or the Sellers
- verify your identity and details of your payment method or credit card account
- communicate with you
- provide you with information relating to our new products and services (please see section 5 below for further details)
- administer the Website and provide customer services
- investigate any complaints about the Website
- personalise your experience of the Website
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements
Bomb Petite may employ the services of third parties to help us in certain areas, such as delivery of products, delivery and hosting of the Website, payments, maintenance and identity checking. In some cases, these third parties may receive your information for these purposes. However, Bomb Petite will, at all times, control and be responsible for the use of your information.
To help constantly improve and tailor the service Bomb Petite provides to you, we may use aggregated information so that we can administer and improve the Website, analyse trends, gather broad demographic information and detect suspicious or fraudulent transactions.
If you provide a credit or debit card, Bomb Petite may use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud.
Transfer of your information outside the EEA
Bomb Petite does not transfer your information outside the EEA.
Our product range is always changing and Bomb Petite would like to keep you up to date with details of our new products using the information that you have supplied to us. Bomb Petite would like to do this by email. If you would not like to receive offers and promotions by email you can unsubscribe by contacting us at email@example.com.
Bomb Petite may wish to share your details with other carefully selected organisations to analyse trends, gather broad demographic information and detect suspicious or fraudulent transactions.
Bomb Petite uses the following categories of cookies on the Website:
Category 1: Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
Category 2: Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information on how people use the Website. For example, Bomb Petite uses Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at the Website, browse or use the Website and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, ordering experience and marketing campaigns.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies
These cookies remember choices you make (such as search parameters regarding products and services). These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to the Website more tailored. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4: Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
Category 5: Social Media Cookies
These cookies allow you to share what you have been doing on the Website on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies of the relevant social media outlet for how their cookies work.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies (or disabling future cookies) you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the Website.
To find out more about cookies please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org or see www.youronlinechoices.eu which contains further information about behavioural advertising and online privacy.
Use of Web Beacons
Some pages of our Website and emails may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages or read our emails. Web beacons collect only limited information which include a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. We may also carry Web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
Bomb Petite has implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the internet is an open system and Bomb Petite cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
Sale of the business
If our business is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Access to your information
You are entitled to see information Bomb Petite holds about you. If you wish to do this, please contact customer care at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bomb Petite may require you to provide verification of your identity in order to provide a copy of the information you are entitled to under relevant data protection legislation.
Updating your information
You may review, correct, update or change your personal information at any time by logging into the “My Account” section on the Website.
If you opted to receive newsletters, commercial emails or other communications from third parties at the time you registered on the Website but you subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out of receiving such communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, changing your preferences in the “My Account” section of the Website or emailing Customer Care at email@example.com.
Retention period for personal data
- Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Data may be processed outside the European Union
- Our website is hosted in the United Kingdom.
- We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
- Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union, for example, some of the software our website uses may have been developed in the United States of America.
- We use the following safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union:
- the processor is within the same corporate group as our business or organisation and abides by the same binding corporate rules regarding data processing.
- the data protection clauses in our contracts with data processors include transfer clauses written by or approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union.
- we comply with a code of conduct approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union.
- we are certified under an approved certification mechanism as provided for in the GDPR
- both our organisation and the processor are public authorities between whom there is either a legally binding agreement or administrative arrangements approved by a supervisory authority in the European Union relating to protection of your information