WHY YOU’RE LUCKY
Your defined hourglass waist and proportioned shoulders and hips mean you’ve got a feminine shape that’s easy to dress.
YOUR STYLE GOALS
Highlight your curves instead of hiding them by emphasising your waist.
TOP 10 STYLE TIPS FOR SHAPE X
1. X shapes should make the most of their bust with V-necks and deep necklines. With that in mind, a good bra is essential to lift you up and show off your waist.
2. Supportive fabrics like stretch ponte are ideal for dresses. They’re structured without being stiff and will skim instead of cling to your curves.
3. Flowy, long sleeves can dwarf smaller frames so cuff your shirts at the elbow to show off your wrists.
4. A classic black blazer is a wardrobe essential and single-breasted styles will work wonders for you. Wear yours over a simple V-neck blouse.
5. While flares may not be the easiest trend to carry off they’ll look great on X shapes. They’ll fit snugly around your hips and bum and kick out at the bottom for a balanced silhouette. Worn with some block heels your legs will look like they go on forever.
6. A pencil skirt will accentuate your curves and one cut just below the knee can also lengthen your legs.
7. Casual boxy T-shirts might make you look larger than you are so when picking your downtime wardrobe go for V-neck and scoop neck basics.
8. Flat-front cropped trousers should be your style go-to. Not only do they let you show off your shoes, they also add length to your legs thanks to the exposed ankles.
9. Choose a colour and stick to it. Dressing in one shade will make you appear taller and dark colours will make you look slimmer.
10. A pair of heeled peep toes will give you a lift and the exposed toes are a great leg-lengthening trick.
Follow @krystin_lee for style inspiration for body shape X
SHOP OUR PICKS FOR SHAPE X IN PETITE SIZES
- Bomb Petite$142.10Select options
Jumpsuits have long been a favourite among the fashion set and this wide-legged one makes the style easily accessible for petite women. The cropped leg and nipped in waist will ensure you don’t end up looking swamped and the block black colour will add inches to your stature.