BODY SHAPE X
WHY YOU’RE LUCKY
Your defined hourglass waist and proportioned shoulders and hips mean you’ve got a feminine shape that’s easy to dress.
YOUR STYLE GOALS
Highlight your curves instead of hiding them by emphasising your waist.
TOP 10 STYLE TIPS FOR SHAPE X
- X shapes should make the most of their bust with V-necks and deep necklines. With that in mind, a good bra is essential to lift you up and show off your waist.
- Supportive fabrics like stretch ponte are ideal for dresses. They’re structured without being stiff and will skim instead of cling to your curves.
- Flowy, long sleeves can dwarf smaller frames so cuff your shirts at the elbow to show off your wrists.
- A classic black blazer is a wardrobe essential and single-breasted styles will work wonders for you. Wear yours over a simple V-neck blouse.
- While flares may not be the easiest trend to carry off they’ll look great on X shapes. They’ll fit snugly around your hips and bum and kick out at the bottom for a balanced silhouette. Worn with some block heels your legs will look like they go on forever.
- A pencil skirt will accentuate your curves and one cut just below the knee can also lengthen your legs.
- Casual boxy T-shirts might make you look larger than you are so when picking your downtime wardrobe go for V-neck and scoop neck basics.
- Flat-front cropped trousers should be your style go-to. Not only do they let you show off your shoes, they also add length to your legs thanks to the exposed ankles.
- Choose a colour and stick to it. Dressing in one shade will make you appear taller and dark colours will make you look slimmer.
- A pair of heeled peep toes will give you a lift and the exposed toes are a great leg-lengthening trick.
Follow these instagrammers for style inspiration for body shape X
SHOP OUR PICKS FOR SHAPE X IN PETITE SIZES
No products were found matching your selection.
Not sure of your body shape? Find out here