BODY SHAPE V
WHY YOU’RE LUCKY
You’ve got narrow hips and slim legs so you can get away with almost anything on your bottom half. V shapes also tend to have quite a big bust.
YOUR STYLE GOALS
Draw attention away from your broad shoulders and draw attention to your slim lower body.
TOP 10 STYLE TIPS FOR SHAPE V
- Embrace the trend for cullotes and choose some wide-legged, cropped trousers. They’ll show off your ankles for added length and balance out your top half.
- Wrap dresses and tops are your best friend. Wear styles that nip you in at the waist and then flare just above the hips. It’s the easiest way to create the illusion of proportion.
- Drop-shoulder tops are your secret weapon because the seamless shoulders will create a sloping effect. Choose one with three-quarter-length sleeves so that the fabric doesn’t drown you.
- Strapless tops (or tops with barely-there spaghetti straps) will make your shoulders look narrower and avoid adding bulk.
- Wear a pair of statement-making shoes to draw the eye down. Block heels and wedges are perfect for V shapes.
- V shapes can afford to wear voluminous skirts. Tulip shapes, layered fabrics and flared styles will all look good on you. Just balance them out with a simple top half.
- Skinny jeans look good on most petite woman and V shapes especially can benefit from their leg lengthening properties.
- Layer a shorter sweater over a longer length top to lengthen your torso. Add a cropped jacket to complete the look.
- Wearing your jackets and coats open will make your shoulders look narrower than they are. Try and avoid structured shoulders but instead go for coats with drop-shoulders.
- Patterned trousers aren’t for everyone but you can pull them off. Opt for stripes, florals or geometric prints and keep your top-half in a block colour.
SHOP OUR PICKS FOR SHAPE V IN PETITE SIZES
- Bomb Petite$142.10Select options
Jumpsuits have long been a favourite among the fashion set and this wide-legged one makes the style easily accessible for petite women. The cropped leg and nipped in waist will ensure you don’t end up looking swamped and the block colour will add inches to your stature.
Not sure of your body shape? Find out here