WHY YOU’RE LUCKY
Your arms and legs tend to be longer and leaner than the other body shapes (even when you’re petite!).
YOUR STYLE GOALS
Try to minimise your midsection by highlighting your shoulders and legs.
TOP 10 STYLE TIPS FOR SHAPE O
1. Cover your middle with an open-front waterfall cardigan. The loose drapes will skim your midsection and draw the eye down for an elongating effect.
2. Empire line tops and dresses that highlight the area just below your bust will skim your tummy but not add unwanted volume.
3. Opt for bold patterns to camouflage your tummy. An all-over print will also make you look taller. It’s the oldest trick in the petite style book.
4. A tailored blazer with deep V lapels will give your top half structure. Make sure it finishes just below the hips to show off your legs.
5. Don’t shy away from shorter hemlines. Dresses and skirts that are cut just above the knee will give the illusion of length while showing off your best asset.
6. Shoes and bottoms that are similar in colour will give you a longer-line silhouette. Black shoes with black tights is a classic leg lengthening trick while brown or tan sandals that match your skin tone will also work.
7. Kimono-shaped sleeves that draw attention away from your middle to your arms are perfect for you.
8. Choose trousers that have flat-fronts and zips at the sides. This avoids adding any extra bulk to your front.
9. Steer clear of horizontal stripes on your top half as they will draw the eye sideways. Vertical stripes on your top half however will have a narrowing effect.
10. Go for skinny jeans with some added stretch at the waist to ensure you’re comfortable. Then layer over an empire-line tunic top to create proportion.
Follow @amy_cbandbp for style inspiration for body shape O
SHOP OUR PICKS FOR SHAPE O IN PETITE SIZES
- Charlotte London$217.50Select options
The perfect transitional jacket for that awkward bit in-between seasons, this top-selling piece is likely to be the hardest working item in your wardrobe. Made from tweed in classic black, it’s woven with hints of gold for a shimmery finish. The waterfall opening is perennially flattering and draws the eye down for a lengthening effect. It’s modern, it’s versatile, what’s not to love?
This item has been exclusively designed in petite sizes for Bomb Petite.
Model is 5’2 / 158 cm and wearing size XS (see below for size chart)
- Michaela Frankova