In this part of Petite Women’s Ultimate Guide to Dressing for your Body Shape we will have a look at the body type A.
WHY YOU’RE LUCKY
Your narrow shoulders and defined waist are a point of envy for other woman and your curvy hips give you a feminine silhouette.
YOUR STYLE GOALS
You should be aiming to elongate and balance your figure by accentuating your upper body.
TOP 10 STYLE TIPS FOR SHAPE A
1. The Bardot ‘off-the-shoulder’ trend was made for you and this catwalk favourite shows no sign of disappearing. The detailing around your narrow shoulders will balance out larger hips.
2. In a similar vein, structured shoulders on a tailored jacket will create proportion between your shoulders and hips.
3. Layering a cropped jacket over a longer top will not only elongate your torso but also cover your widest part and nip you in at your slimmest.
4. When it comes to denim, bootcut styles are your saviour. The subtle flare at the hem creates the illusion of smaller hips and lengthens your legs while still showing off your curves.
5. Keep colour and print on your top half. A classic Breton top will help to widen your upper body.
6. A pair of nude coloured heels will lengthen and slim your bottom half, giving the illusion of never-ending legs. It’s best to steer clear of anything with an ankle strap as it will cut you off and make you look shorter.
7. A-line dresses were made for you. They will show off your waist and skim your hips.
Follow @launeden for style inspiration for body shape A
8. Choose an A-line skirt with a high waist to define your top half. A slim-fitting top tucked into your skirt will show off your midsection.
9. V-neck tops will accentuate instead of hide your bust and draw the eye down, giving the illusion of height.
10. The timeless trench coat should become your go-to outerwear. The belted waist, shoulder-widening lapels and knee-length hem tick all of the boxes.
SHOP OUR PICKS FOR SHAPE A IN PETITE SIZES