In this part of Petite Women’s Ultimate Guide to Dressing for your Body Shape we will have a look at the body type H.
WHY YOU’RE LUCKY
You’re one of those rare body shapes whose hips and shoulders are in proportion. Lucky you. Your small bust and generally slim frame is the perfect canvas for trying out trends.
YOUR STYLE GOALS
Your clothes should highlight the thinnest part of your waist, creating curves and showing off your proportioned hips and shoulders.
TOP 10 STYLE TIPS FOR SHAPE H
1. Oversized clothes will drown you. As tempting as it is to throw on a loose fitting sweater every now and then, a closer fit will make you look taller and more in proportion.
2. Embrace your straight-up-and-down shape with a Twenties-style drop waist dress. The flapper trend was made for H’s.
3. Cropped jackets are the petite woman’s best friend and especially good for you. They will create the illusion of a waist while also making your legs look longer.
4. Embrace your small bust with polo necks. The high neckline will also make your body look longer.
5. Alternatively if you want to make your breasts look bigger, detailing on your top half like pockets and ruffles will add volume.
6. Belt your dresses and tops at the waist with a thin, dark-coloured waist belt. It will create the illusion of waist and make your legs look longer than they are.
7. Wide-legged, high-waited trousers may sound scary but they should be in every petite woman’s arsenal. Especially yours. The volume will give you curves and the high waist will elongate your legs. Win win.
Follow @sydnesummer for style inspiration for body shape H
8. Make the most of your narrow hips with some skinny jeans. Denim for petites has come on leaps and bounds and a well-cut pair of skinnies that stop just above the ankle will be the hardest working item in your wardrobe.
9. Give your waist some definition with a high-waisted pencil skirt. You can afford to add bulk with a woolen fabric or even experiment with velvet.
10. Modern ballerina pumps sometimes come with a block heel and these are perfect for adding height and a feminine finishing touch.
SHOP OUR PICKS FOR SHAPE H IN PETITE SIZES